Monday, March 25, 2013

Burp Cloths for a Baby Girl

As you may know, I have three boys. So any time I have a chance to sew something, anything, for a little girl, I take advantage of the opportunity. My boss and his wife just had a baby girl, and I thought it would be fun to make something for the new little one. I found this tutorial for burp cloths at the Cloud9fabrics blog. I love that one side is contoured.

I went to our brand new Joann Fabrics here in my hometown and checked out the flannel. Lucky for me, they were on sale for 60% off. I found some really cute selections for baby girls.


I bought half a yard of each three fabrics, and made three cloths and have enough to make three more. Total cost for fabric was $4.20. I already had the thread, and the tutorial and pattern were free on Cloud9's blog. (thank you!) So, total cost for this gift was $2.10 and an hour of my time.

My boss's wife loved them (she commented on how soft they were) and I got to play with girly fabric. It was a win-win!



Up next, I am either going to continue on my voyage to find and fit a pants pattern, or make some new blouses for work. Stay tuned!

Blessings-
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment